I once read that people who like talking about themselves are the most boring people on earth. That has always been my guiding rule whenever I blog. So to ask me to enumerate thirty interesting things about myself is kind of a stretch. It was fun when you were drunk, twenty-one years old, on LJ, and blogging and blogging, but nobody really cares that I was a spelling bee champ in grade school (I wasn't).
So here's the deal: I'll tell you ten things about myself that I am at liberty to disclose, and you can choose to keep reading or just pack up and leave.
1. My name is Mara, and I live on the 19th floor.
2. I am slightly addicted to paper products and I have a mid-size collection of notebooks at home. My room alone is a fire hazard.
3. I can't swim to save my life. I also can't just swim (even if I weren't saving my life).
4. My teen years to early 20s can be divided into three fandoms: Harry Potter, Meteor Garden/F4, and Hanson. Yup, in that order.
5.With that being said, I spent a large chunk of my late teen years joining Harry Potter Trivia IRC Chatrooms.
6. My great grandparents are full-blooded Chinese. If I have the facts straight, my middle name would've been Teng instead of Castro. My relatives had to buy a Spanish-sounding last name for reasons that allude me. Nevertheless, I never call myself a 1/16th Chinese. People who call themselves 1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Spanish, and 1/3 Chihuahua are utterly ridiculous.
7. Somewhere in the Interwebz, a Web site about my college barkada (Table_03) exists. That was the first Web site that I've created.
8. I've lived in Cavite for 24 years. I moved into the city some six months ago.
9. I've never been to
10. In the event that I get brutally murdered and my face unidentifiable, this is how I look like:
|See what I did there?|
12. I will not turn down a serving of Laoag longganisa, garlic rice, and pinakbet
13. I am really judgmental, especially of people who name their gadgets. Please, people, let's grow up.
14. Wicked is my favorite, favorite, FAVORITEST musical. When I first saw Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenowith's Tony performance of Defying Gravity, I swear there were tears in mah eyes. I shiver every time I daydream about going to Broadway and seeing a restaging of Wicked with all the original cast members.
15. Since we're talking favorites, The Office is a show I used to dare not miss. When I was still blogging at LJ and had too much time on my hands, I would post screencaps of the show every Thursday and write a point-by-point fan analysis of the show, mostly for the LULZ. Most of my jokes are The Office references. Wondering who Jim is? Yup, a The Office reference.
16. I loooooove OK Go! I love that they do not always take their selves too seriously
17. But we all know I secretly love John Mayer.
18. Aside from being published, I know I'm made as a writer when I've finally written for Mental Floss. Nerdify!
19. Every year, as part of my Self Improvement Plan, I always try to travel out of the country at least once, watch at least one concert, and watch at least one musical/play. This year, I've already made plans to go back to SG, I hope R.E.N.T. goes on an extended run, and I hope someone goes with me to one of the Sugarfree farewell shows.
20. In a perfect world, I am Sofia Coppola, decked from head to toe in Marc Jacobs, and is BFFs with Wes Anderson. Such life.
Well, that's all I can exhaust about myself. If you want to ask me anything, just go ahead! Maybe I can tell you something about myself to complete this list. But for now, I am just glad I am over with silly 30 things list.