Z once told me that she used to read all my blog entries. ALL. She referenced jokes I made on blog posts and even called me out whenever I say something contradictory to what I posted 5 years ago (!!!). But oh to be young and ignorant that the interwebz is not that huge enough for you to write one angry and hateful post without people close to you not know about it. After that particular LJ entry, Z never read anything I've written since 2005. She said she's been traumatized enough.
Come 2008, a called off engagement, and several heartaches later, Z and I decided to renew our friendship (nux!). I've claimed her as my best friend, and I hers.
It's a bit (okay, a whole lot. Buckets even) sad that of the three people whom I've initially made list of reasons why I loved them, only one remained friends with me. So I'm a bit wary of making one for my best friend Z because I don't want her to "FO, yeah!" me after this. I've never really told her how much (as a person #insidejoke) she means to me. I may have even slandered her to some of the people who barely know her, but are what are friends are for? My Ten Reasons Why I love Insert Name Here List is a doomed list, but I'll risk it just to get Z to read my entries again.
Top 10 Reasons Why I ♥ Z
- She's a dog person. I am not saying that other-animal persons do not deserve my ♥s (I mean, come on, I'm even Pro-Cat over at Tumblr's Cats vs Shark), but I firmly believe that You Are Your Pet. She doesn't like it when I wave at dogs in pet stores, especially the ones behind glass cages, because she says it's cruel. It's like I'm giving the dogs false hope, she says. Z's also nice to cats. She once got out of her car while the traffic light was on red, went down on her knees, and tried to look for an (invisible) cat that she thought she heard meowing from underneath her car. Yup, Z is an all-around animal person.
- She smells like chocolate and vanilla. :D For a glutton like me, that's always a plus! Not that I stealthily take a whiff of her or something :-| I returned the favor after she told me I smell like the bread served at Pasto.
- We made a pact to name our kids Bono and The Edge. Guess who gets which kid's name.
- She's a great secret keeper. If the Death Eaters come knocking on her door and AD her at that moment, I'd like to believe she'd take the hit as long as she keeps my secret safe. I can tell her everything. EVERYTHING. She even knows the password/s to all my online accounts. I'm not exactly sure how that happened, but I guess it was part of our Revalidation of Friendship in '08.
- Also, she's a closet Harry Potter geek. She knows more about the series than I do, finished Book 7 before I did, know all about these obscure facts about the characters, and is generally a know-it-all when it comes to Potterverse. But guess who went around Powerplant COSplayed as a Quidditch player. Right.
- She has great, albeit expensive, taste in clothes and shoes. Z and I are not really the type to shop together, but she is my go-to person whenever I need a stylist. She has dressed (naks, dressed!) me for two weddings, and I am happy to report that I haven't looked like tranny in either of the two.
- She knows all these great places to eat at and is never afraid to experiment with restaurants and food. Z is very picky when it comes to food (doesn't eat vegetables, innards unless it's isaw, and fish) but she's always very willing to say yes when I start my sentence with "I read about this great place that serves...". She also introduced my probinsyana self to Som's, Aysee, Cibo, Pasto, Cafe Bola, Dulcinea (for the Gypsy Steak!), and some of those hole-in-the-wall places that I would've read from the internet but have never gone to. I also once remember how she and I trekked Urban Manila to look for 30-inch pizzas.
- She's an ACE driver. Half of my driving know-how, I got it from her. When I first started driving and my parents were still jittery about my driving skills, it was never a surprise that they'd say "Yes!" in an instant whenever I say "Z's my designated driver." My parents and can readily give me up and my sub-par driving knowledge because they have complete faith that I won't ram my car to a wall as long as Z's with me.
Also, her car didn't use to have side mirrors. She used to drive around the metro at full speed with that one. My Lola self gets nervous if I drive past 60 KPH, but for Z, 90 KPH is just the minimum.
- Oh wow, let me tell about Z's legendary drinking skills. She used to go to class and take Statistics exams hung over, AND still be able to pass the exam, bitches. She's one of those annoying people who never took school seriously and never really had to study because they're naturally born smart
asses(her father had genius level IQ and was a well-renowned Civil Engineer!), but I managed. I learned to embrace that Z will never figure out Yahoo Pipes as I did, so we're cool. We both know who's got the looks in this friendship anyway 8D
Anyway, her drinking skills: even her male cousins, who had been treated for kidney failure at one point of their lives, give her mad props for drinking like a, er, guy.
- My best friend is an overall nice person. I would like to believe that I am not alone when I say that she is a voice of reason. She keeps me in check, even if I like so bad to bitchslap the person who cut me in line. She's always telling me to do the right thing, to be the better person, and all that cliche. People might say she's a pushover for doing so, but there are not a lot of nice people out there anymore. I'm just glad I'm best friends with one :)
I hope you get to read this and forgive me about the awful things I did and said to you. You're a good woman, Zhorida Lipayon. And now, you're also Google-able ;)